2018 Calendar of Events and Music
|6-Jun||Opening Day of the Market & Gammelgården Butik Garage Sale||Rarely Scene|
|13||Baby Goats @ the Market||Rarely Scene|
|20||One Stop Donation Drop benefitting local non-profits & Raptors from the Wildlife Science Center||Rarely Scene|
|27||Remembering Our Heritage Quilts||Kusin Ulf and Pleasant Valley Cloggers|
|4-Jul||NO MARKET -HAPPY 4TH!|
|11||Watermelon Giveaway, Blood Donation, Chomp Visits, Kickoff of PoP Club (Power of Produce) for Kids begins||Houdek family|
|18||PoP Club for kids||Prairie Anthem|
|25||PoP Club for kids & Friends and Family Day||Rarely Scene|
|1-Aug||17th Annual National Farmers Market Week|
|8||Put a Lid on it (Preserving the Harvest)||Sophia Nienaber on the Harp|
|15||Community Corn Feed||Prairie Anthem|
|22||Collecting School supplies for the Hugo Homeless Shelter & Forest Lake schools|
|29||Stock up for Fall|
|5-Sep||Back to School||Prairie Anthem|
|12||National Honey Month|
|19||The Season’s Last Hurrah!|
NEW THIS SUMMER: PoP CLUB
The Power of Produce (PoP) Kids Club helps kids discover a world of healthy local produce at the market. Kids exercise their own buying power as they try new fruits and veggies each week!
- Visit the Green Grocery Shares booth to sign up for PoP Club. The program is FREE.
- Specially designed for kids ages 4-12.
- Kids receive a $2 token to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at the market on July 11, 18 and 25.
In addition to our regular 3:30-6:30pm Wednesday hours, some vendors will be at the following events:
- Midsommar Dag – In modern Sweden, Midsommar Dag is the most important holiday of the year and one of the most uniquely Swedish in the way it is celebrated. The Majstång is decorated with greens and flowers then raised in the center of town. Traditional Swedish music and dances celebrate the long days of summer!
- Spelmanstämma (Fiddle Fest) – This traditional Swedish music festival, complete with entertainers and family activities is hosted by American Swedish Institute’s Spelmanslag. Spelmanstämma is a long held Swedish tradition for fiddlers to gather on a lovely day, play tunes and teach each other new music. The music has never been written, it is always shared by playing only!
- Taco Daze – Scandia’s Annual Community Festival held the Saturday after Labor Day each year and sponsored by the Scandia Marine Lions Club.