2019 Calendar of Events and Music coming soon!
PoP CLUB is back: July and August 2019
The Power of Produce (PoP) Kids Club helps kids discover a world of healthy local produce at the market. Kids exercise their own buying power as they try new fruits and veggies each week!
- Visit the Green Grocery Shares booth to sign up for PoP Club. The program is FREE.
- Specially designed for kids ages 4-12.
- Kids receive a $2 token to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at the market on July 10 through August 28.
In addition to our regular 3:30-6:30pm Wednesday hours, some vendors will be at the following events:
- Gammelgarden Events:
- Midsommar Dag: In modern Sweden, Midsommar Dag is the most important holiday of the year and one of the most uniquely Swedish in the way it is celebrated. The Majstång is decorated with greens and flowers then raised in the center of town. Traditional Swedish music and dances celebrate the long days of summer
- Spelmanstämma (Fiddle Fest): This traditional Swedish music festival, complete with entertainers and family activities is hosted by American Swedish Institute’s Spelmanslag. Spelmanstämma is a long held Swedish tradition for fiddlers to gather on a lovely day, play tunes and teach each other new music. The music has never been written, it is always shared by playing only!
- Taco Daze – Scandia’s Annual Community Festival held the Saturday after Labor Day each year and sponsored by the Scandia Marine Lions Club.
Scandia Farmers Market, Wednesday’s, 3:30-6:30
Gammelgarden Museum, 20880 Olinda Trail N, Scandia, MN 55073