2019 Calendar of Events and Music 3:30-6:30
|MAY 29||Plant sale featuring: flowers, annuals, perennials, herbs, native plants, succulents, pots, garden aprons, flower picking baskets, and baked goods; bring flower pots and seeds to exchange with others; sunflower seeds to kids to plant and bring back in August for competition||No music|
|JUNE 5||Plant sale featuring: flowers, annuals, perennials, herbs, native plants, succulents, pots, garden aprons, flower picking baskets, and baked goods; bring flower pots and seeds to exchange with others; sunflower seeds to kids to plant and bring back in August for competition||No music|
|JUNE 12||Haircuts under the trees 3:30-6:30 by Har Salon; Flag Day and presentation by Dave Rovang on flag etiquette at 4pm; bring your usable canning jars to pass on to others and wire coat hangers to recycle||Bright Knights Quartet – Barbershop Quartet 4:30-6:00|
|JUNE 19||Remembering our Heritage – Quilts from the Valley||Rarely Scene|
|JUNE 26||Baby goats from Poplar Hill Farm||Prairie Anthem|
|JULY 3||NO MARKET||No market|
|JULY 10||Watermelon give away – customer appreciation! Power of Produce (PoP) Club begins for children age 4-12 with FREE $2 token they can use for fruits and veggies||Fendrick & Peck https://www.fendrickandpeck.com|
|JULY 17||Scandia Fire Truck & PoP Club||Rarely Scene|
|JULY 24||Friends and family Day & PoP Club||Prairie Anthem, https://www.prairieanthem.com/|
|JULY 31||17th Annual Farmers market week & PoP Club||Kusin Ulf|
|AUG 7||PoP Club||Rarely Scene|
|AUG 14||Community Corn Feed & PoP Club||Rarely Scene|
|AUG 21||PoP Club||Prairie Anthem, https://www.prairieanthem.com/|
|AUG 28||Stock up for Fall & PoP Club; Sunflower Contest for kids. Kids bring in your sunnies or pictures of your sunnies for prizes for the tallest, widest, smallest, cutest, and most unique||Rarely Scene|
|SEPT 4||Back to School!||Prairie Anthem, https://www.prairieanthem.com/|
|SEPT 11||National Honey Month|
|SEPT 18||The Season’s Last Hurrah!|
PoP CLUB is back: July 10 to August 28, 2019
The Power of Produce (PoP) Kids Club helps kids discover a world of healthy local produce at the market. Kids exercise their own buying power as they try new fruits and veggies each week!
- Visit the Green Grocery Shares booth to sign up for PoP Club. The program is FREE.
- Specially designed for kids ages 4-12.
- Kids receive a $2 token to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables at the market on July 10 through August 28.
In addition to our regular 3:30-6:30pm Wednesday hours, some vendors will be at the following events:
- Gammelgarden Events:
- Midsommar Dag: In modern Sweden, Midsommar Dag is the most important holiday of the year and one of the most uniquely Swedish in the way it is celebrated. The Majstång is decorated with greens and flowers then raised in the center of town. Traditional Swedish music and dances celebrate the long days of summer
- Spelmanstämma (Fiddle Fest): This traditional Swedish music festival, complete with entertainers and family activities is hosted by American Swedish Institute’s Spelmanslag. Spelmanstämma is a long held Swedish tradition for fiddlers to gather on a lovely day, play tunes and teach each other new music. The music has never been written, it is always shared by playing only!
- Taco Daze – Scandia’s Annual Community Festival held the Saturday after Labor Day each year and sponsored by the Scandia Marine Lions Club.
Scandia Farmers Market, Wednesday’s, 3:30-6:30
Gammelgarden Museum, 20880 Olinda Trail N, Scandia, MN 55073