Scandia Farmers Market COVID-19 Response Plan
Farmers Markets are a Source of Healthy, Safe Food for Your Family
May 13 & 20: Plant Sale by Washington County Master Gardeners at the Gammelgarden Museum, 3:30-6:30
June 10-Sept 16: Regular Market Season, Wednesdays, 3:30-6:30,
NOTE NEW LOCATION FOR 2020: Scandia Community Center Parking lot (across from the Gammelgarden), 14727 209th St N, Scandia, MN 55073
The SFM Board continues to closely monitor the COVID-19 health crisis, seeking guidance from the Minnesota Farmers’ Market Association and adopting best practices from markets in Minnesota and across the country. Governor Tim Walz has recognized farmers markets as essential public institutions that serve the public with fresh local foods. We’re committed to facilitating the ongoing connection of local growers to local eaters amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The health and safety of our vendors, customers, and staff is the market’s top concern. In these unique times, the market will operate as a food store, not a social gathering place. Social distancing will be enforced and customers will be required to wear a mask. We ask that you get your goodies and then enjoy them at home. Be sure to share a wave and a greeting as you shop, but please keep moving to ensure that the market doesn’t become too crowded.
Healthy Market Tips for Customers:
- Please wear a mask
- Stay home if you or a family member are sick
- Send only one healthy family member to shop
- Keep your distance from others
- Make a list to make your shopping trip quick and easy
- Wash your hands when you enter and before you leave the market
- Shop with your eyes, vendor will handle items
What the Market is doing to make you safe:
- Vendor booths will be spaced farther apart to avoid crowding
- Vendors will not be able to offer samples and all ready-to-eat food items will be packaged “to-go” with no on-site consumption of food.
- We’re working with vendors to create and enhance their online sales presence, allowing customers to pre-order and prepay with no-contact payment methods. See the Vendor Information tab for links to vendor sites.
- Live music, special events and the PoP Club (Power of Produce) for kids will not be offered until the COVID-19 crisis eases.
- A porta potty is located in the parking lot & across the street in the Gammelgarden parking lot – there are no public restrooms onsite.
We’ll add to and modify this list of strategies as the public health situation changes and as we learn of new best practices. Thanks for your patience and patronage of the Scandia Farmers Market.
The mission of the Scandia Farmers Market is to provide a venue where local farmers, producers, crafters and artisans come together to provide a variety of fresh produce and related products directly to the consumers. The market began in 2011 and encourages direct communication between consumers and growers and foster social gathering and community building. Watch the video below for a glimpse of what our market has to offer!
Scandia Farmers Market, Wednesday’s, 3:30-6:30
NOTE NEW LOCATION FOR 2020: Scandia Community Center (across the street from the Gammelgarden), 14727 209th St N, Scandia, MN 55073